both electric showers trip the rcd/isolator

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I will have a guess that some item has a neutral - earth fault and when the load is low the voltage differential between neutral and earth is low enough so that less than that required to trip a RCD flows between earth and neutral.

However when the load is increased then the voltage between earth and neutral also increases to a point when enough current flows to trip the RCD.

In some cases this sort of fault will even cause a RCD to trip supplying one circuit when the load goes up on another circuit.

Step one switch off every FCU and unplug every plug and see if the fault is still there. If it is then meters are required. If not then switch things back on one by one switching one shower each time something new is plugged in until faulty item found.

<pictures of work done by a dangerous, lawbreaking, incompetent t**t who should have all his screwdrivers confiscated>

Strange echo that .....as i didn't utter a word!!

Please don't put words in my mouth....I am quite able to call tw@t myself, just didn't want to get told off again!!

Ericmark , guess u (sorry you) Didn't read post giving details of found fault, you were spot on ;)

Seems a bit unfriendly on here :(

Why do you repeatedly insist on using abusive language on this site? There is absolutely no need for it.

Have you noticed that you're the only poster on in this forum that lacks the vocabulary to make posts without the use of offensive language?

Please don't put words in my mouth
I wasn't, hence the <precis> style.

Please speak English mate!

....I am quite able to call t**t myself, just didn't want to get told off again!!
Nor was I calling you a t**t - it wasn't you who fitted that light.

No, I would have done a far worse job, than a "qualified" spark I'm sure :rolleyes:

PS. I know what u meant mate but that don't mean others will. (English!)

Why do you repeatedly insist on using abusive language on this site?
Because sometimes I want to abuse people - they deserve it.

There is absolutely no need for it.
Sometimes there absolutely is.

Have you noticed that you're the only poster on in this forum that lacks the vocabulary to make posts without the use of offensive language?
This is a spade:

non-branded-stainless-steel-digging-spade.jpg

In similar vein, when considering language as a tool to communicate ideas, emotions, opinions etc, calling the person who did that a dangerous, lawbreaking, incompetent t**t was an efficient way to express just what I thought of him.

But as for "offensive", I would remind you, as I seem to have to keep doing, because for some reason it doesn't seem to sink in - I wrote "t**t", which is not an offensive word.

If you decided to pretend that there was a different word there, and you chose one which you found offensive then it was your fault you were offended.

twot is such a word I often use.
Pilchard is another

or "He was built like a Brick Shipyard" as an expression.

or "eyes like a Fleetwood Prawn"

:LOL:

Most of the people who ask questions here are ignorant of the basics of electrical systems ( that is ignorant as in lacking knowledge and NOT implying stupidity ).

Being abusive to them is counter productive as it will drive them away from a forum which is generally very informative and useful. Telling a person politely that they do not have the knowledge and/or ability to do the work themselves is more likely to encourage them to employ an electrician than being rude to them.

I often have to bite my tongue, count silently to ten and then calmly point out the error of a person's work. Even when the work has created a serious hazard the same has to apply ( though it may be 20 instead of 10 ) and then later point the serious consequences of what they had done.

So ban-all-sheds please do not use words that some will see as offensive, instead politely point out the errors and then the person may take the advice and/or use an electrician. Your abusive language may drive that person away and put themselves, their family or their home at risk from their ignorant attempts at DIY electrical work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back