Splash...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Walking to the shops this morning and got completely drenched by a car.

So on the offchance that they look in (I doubt it), thank you very much the driver of DY53 WXP.
Grey Honda Accord estate.

Sponsored Links
It's pretty funny when you see it done though .... to somebody else

Its also an offence. Driving without consideration for other road users.

I think I know the car you mean, it's the one with a broken headlight and a scratch down the side, isn't it?

Sponsored Links
As Eddie says, it is a traffic offence and you can report it to the police.
Without evidence they will probably just 'caution' the driver but if there are camera's in the area and you want to pursue it then you may have a case.

What if there was a car in the other lane? What's he supposed to do then? Head-on collision?

He'd just say he didn't see the puddle.

If I see a puddle when I'm walking I wait until there are no cars coming before I pass it.

Common sense really.

Having just attended a Driver awareness scam (oops sorry ) scheme, I hate to report that it would be the Drivers fault for not anticipating that there might be a deep puddle and it might slpash. This question actually came up and I was quite shocked to be told that we should even anticipate that there are insurance scams (sudden stops and driver behind hits front driver). Made me feel like I never want to drive again~~ :(

Reflected light makes it impossible to judge the depth. Bang your brakes on and the guy behind will plow into you. Wish I'd been on the course.

Reflected light makes it impossible to judge the depth. Bang your brakes on and the guy behind will plow into you. Wish I'd been on the course.

Which would be your fault. Meaning it is the guy behind you's fault if he ploughs into the back of you.

You treat the puddle as if it were an object Joe and slow down and pass through it slowly or steer around it.

If anyone plows into the back of you, regardless of whether you are slowing down for a puddle, or pothole, or a toddler, then the idiot behind needs a driving lesson.

Having just attended a Driver awareness scam (oops sorry ) scheme, I hate to report that it would be the Drivers fault for not anticipating that there might be a deep puddle and it might slpash. This question actually came up and I was quite shocked to be told that we should even anticipate that there are insurance scams (sudden stops and driver behind hits front driver). Made me feel like I never want to drive again~~ :(

Whose been speeding then ? :LOL: :LOL:

If you bang your brakes on whenever you see reelected light on the road in the rain you wouldn't last ten minutes.

So stop saying that you do - because you don't. :rolleyes:

You can pretty much tell if water is shallow and therefore will not splash a pedestrian or deep and will.

You can pretty much tell if water is shallow and therefore will not splash a pedestrian or deep and will.
Have to agree. You can tell if the puddle is going to be big enough to splash someone. For example today I was diving around in my Honda accord estate (grey) and saw some pillock standing by a decent sized puddle and thought...... Your having it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back