scaffolding who pays !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i,ve had a quote for rendering the front of my house,not cheap, and the plasterer has given me numbers to get the scaffolding erected, should,nt this be included in the quote

Sponsored Links
Get another two quotes and see how they compare. Arn't you happier to instruct a firm to do the scaffolding for you where you can choose them and agree a price?

Scaffold, skips etc would be written into the quote, sounds like he is trying to pull a fast one on you.

If the access scaffold was not part of the quote i would expect it to highlight the fact ie...scaffold to be supplied by client.

i,ve had a quote for rendering the front of my house,not cheap, and the plasterer has given me numbers to get the scaffolding erected, should,nt this be included in the quote

At least he has given you the opportunity to shop around for Scaffolding costs, which isnt cheap these days.

You could quite easily find other quotes ( which include Scaffolding) will have a mark up on the Scaffolding, to include extended time of usage due to bad weather, delays in materials etc, which could be unneccessary.
This particular person sounds genuine to me.

Sponsored Links
I have never sent out quotes for re-roofing, rendering etc and not included scaffold costs in the price.

Why would you leave it to the customer?

I have never sent out quotes for re-roofing, rendering etc and not included scaffold costs in the price.

Why would you leave it to the customer?

I have found Scaffolding Firms Prices can vary very considerably, nothing stopping the builder quoting the highest price for the hire of the equipment and using the cheapest quote for a good profit.
This is allowing the customer to make the final choice on how they spend their money.
Giving an approximate cost of the hire is the best solution I have found,

It doesnt work that way! the scaffold needs to be specified correctly, designed, erected and tagged to comply with h+s regs.
The scaffold is erected according to the contractors needs, your average householder would be unable to instruct a scaffolding company on the contractors requirements.

We use our own scaffold and price per bay/ lift.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back