BAXI WM 30/3RS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

The pilot light is on and the water is heating however the heating is not i.e. the rads are just not heating up suddenly - anyone know what the problem is?

Sponsored Links
That's a fairly old boiler. You will need to disclose other controls on your system, eg are there any zone valves etc. I wish I had a tenner for every time I've asked for that info. :evil:

Assuming your elderly WM is gravity hot water, it sounds like the pump is not working, so it could be, the time switch, the room stat or the pump itself. logical testing will be the only way to diagnose which component is preventing the radiators from heating, if your system is fully pumped, then a 2 or 3 port valve could also be the cause, it is clear that the boiler is working so it is a shame that the boiler is the only component that you have positively identifed which is not going to help your request for help I'm afraid! ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback - I am the landlord and am quite a few miles away so am feeding this information back to the tenants so any more info i'll let you know....

thanks again

Paul

Can your tenants repair heating systems?

bit early to tell
Might it not be prudent and fair to engage a local gas man to repair?!00/1 he'll have it sorted quickly and your tenants can dispose of their thick woolies. :mrgreen:

Agile The guy has the right to ask how many times have we all been to jobs that people have left room stats down switches turned off

I would expect that its a gravity hot water and pumped heating.

The pump has probably seized or failed. A relatively simple repair if the pump valves are working. If not then a more tedious job!

Tony

A landlord called me with this fault as described above.

I specifically asked him if the room stat had been turned up. He said there is no room stat. I again asked him if he was totally sure before I come out.

When I arrived the room stat was behind the coats hanging up in the hall.

The tenants had been living there for three years!

A very easy £94 for me. Just beside the widow I sat next to on the 787 Dreamliner*.

Tony

*Boeing's new 787 Dreamliner has the best airplane windows ever. It ditches that small window with a pull-down plastic shade and replaces it with a larger, dimming window that can be adjusted to let in various amounts of light.

The windows are a dreamy 19 inches tall and 65% larger than the standard airplane windows so you'll get to see a lot more of your surroundings. And did I mention they dim?

The dimming effect is the result of an electrified gel sandwiched between two thin pieces of glass. As the electric current increases, the gel darkens and as it drops, the gel lightens. The system is brilliant in its simplicity.

Each passenger in the coveted window seat will have control over their window. They're also networked together so flight personnel can control the windows, too. Attendants can adjust each window, adjust windows in an entire section of the plane or adjust them for the entire plane.

These new dimming windows are just the beginning for Boeing and its research partners PPG Aerospace and Gentex Corporation. The trio hopes to add other features to the windows like automation that would brighten your portal during take off and dim it at night.

Wow!! All that info from Boeings blurb should really help the OP with his boiler problem. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Or have I missed a subtle point?

I think Tonys mind has finally given up on him?!
How can you afford a trip on a dreamliner charging £84 + vat

Dreamliner? Don't all go operating those electrically dimmable windows at the same time - or the DL's lithium-ion batteries might spontaneously combust. Still, I suppose you could open one of those extra large windows to let the smoke out.

Just ask for non-smoking, Tony. ;)

Anyway, what's the point of large windows on an aeroplane? All the clouds look the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back