Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

As far as I can see, the only thing that "Positive Action" will achieve, is the reinforcement of the "Chip on the shoulder". It could leave certain people feeling that they only got the job through "Positive Action" and not on their own merits. It will also leave others feeling angry, as in "I was better qualified than the person who got the job, I was just the wrong colour/race."

There's very little "Positive " about it, It's divisive.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
"Would you bring back smoking in pubs Norcon?"

Yes I would. Never harmed me.
I'll take my chances outside the eu and the planet will keep spinning.

Albeit a little slower since china built the 3 gorges dam! :LOL:

So, after 22 pages, we have it.
Red is happy to discriminate, but their liberal conscience struggled with the terminology. But finally, we have resolution - do as you wanted, but just faffle the words to suit.

My earlier post about the renaming (discrimination to action) obviously failed to convey its meaning to RH.

It would appear that he thinks it is only the word, discrimination, that is illegal.
So, renaming the deed has made it acceptable (again).

Typical political subterfuge.

Sponsored Links

Yes, bring it back in the pubs that are closed or going bust. :idea: :idea:

The same pubs that the non smokers said they would flock to as soon as they went smoke-free. Well, where are all these non smokers? Britain's dying pub industry needs you. :rolleyes:

They are at home watching big screen tele with tins of cheapo supermarket beer.

This must be the most boring thread ever on this Forum.
I'll try and big it up for you :evil:

Okay, since it's getting "boring" and I've had a drink, (Let this be a warning to anyone who thinks it's a good idea to post after a beer or two)

This is satire, so pleeease no one take umbrage and DO dig at me for it. I will be disappointed if I don't get ribbed - big time! Maybe it will help diffuse the fire here. (I don't like warring).

Using my cartoon head....

Rouguehanger Opening post.

By request, KFC is not chicken.

Dextraneous
Define a chicken?

Rouguehanger
It's got two legs, feathers and lays eggs.

BT
I don't believe it! Rouguehanger is chickenist!!!

Whitespirit66
That describes my mate on a stag night. But he's not a chicken.

Roughanger
Have you got a link?

Big Tone)
Yes it is, it's Kentuky Fried Chicken, or KFC for short. The clue's in the word "chicken".

Rouguehanger
It's not chicken anymore, please keep up. It's branded KFC as just a brand name. They cant use the term chicken anymore because it's nothing to do with chicken.

Norcon
I don't give a **** about chickens. They aint living next door to me!

BT
I'm going to make this REAL simple for you RH, (as they say in America), and I would like a straight 'yes' or 'no' answer because it's really not rocket science.
Is it or isn't it chicken?

Rouguehanger
There may be chicken in it, but in the strictest sense it doesn't have to be chicken. That's why I say they can't use the name 'Chicken' anymore and they don't refer to it as such.

Joe90
Well that one laid an egg!

trazor
Tell the chicken it's not a chicken!!!

jockscott
The problem is Chickens are under-represented.

JBR
I'm just surprised that no one believes it's not a chicken

groovynooby
I get it but it's crazy, it is chickenism by default, but it's ok because KFC have decided to implement a chickenist policy.

Brigadier
Eggzackerly. :D

Hire on chickeness, fire on non-chickeness - it is the only fair way.

Micilin
Is that a barrier to you hiring a different type of chicken who may be good enough but you obviously don't know for sure until they have been served enough?

Joe90
Is that a feather in your cap?

BT
FFS sake Joe, do you take anything seriously?

cajar
I agree with Tone. I think I'm the only one but once in a blue moon he makes a good point.

squeaky
Are chickens your hobby Rougehanger?

BT
Thanks cajar. This isn't an audience, it's a jury!

Rouguehanger
I think Tone has an unspecified neurological nebulous infarction of the lesser many spotted overhead underhang in the distal falange of his frontal left lobe.

BT
Ha! How wrong are you nob head! It's in the frontal RIGHT side.

Micilin
Don't talk about chickens if you are not prepared to cluck.

cajar
Chickens are not the issue here.

noseall
People here have the foresight of a brick. It is not a chcken.

Joe90
There's mortar life than a chicken. Do you get it? Ha ha ha.....

jockscott
There's no difference between positive chickens and negative chickens. They taste the same.

jeds
What about a Cock?

BT
Well, I'm up for it if you are? Oh, er, I see what you mean.

Whitespirit66
Yawn...

Page 4258...

Dextraneous
Is this thread still going for Christ's sake?.

Jeez, BT. That post was almost as long as one of hanger's - but made a lot more sense.

Good timing to lighten the mood. Made I laugh, as they say in these 'ere parts.

:LOL: :LOL:

Yes, bring it back in the pubs that are closed or going bust. :idea: :idea:

The same pubs that the non smokers said they would flock to as soon as they went smoke-free. Well, where are all these non smokers? Britain's dying pub industry needs you. :rolleyes:

Hear hear. Although I gave up smoking (to save money!) several years ago, I still cannot see a practical reason why pubs should not be allowed to permit smoking.

There are two realistic options:

1. Where feasible, a pub could have both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Staff who object to tobacco smoke could be employed to work only in the non-smoking rooms.

2. Where (1) is not possible, pubs could choose whether to be smoking or non-smoking. The option for non-smoking staff would be to work at a non-smoking pub.

To reinforce what Turps said above, I suspect that before too long the smoking pubs would outnumber the non-smoking pubs. Market forces.

Your right JBR, but I fear the powers that be, will never allow smoking in pubs again. Personally, I think it should have been "Landlords Choice" . whether to make his pub a smoking or non smoking premises. But the government of the day, realised most pubs would have chosen to allow smoking... In Spain, they have a smoking ban, but many (if not most) of the bars choose to ignore it. ;) ;)

BT -

It's only April but the betting has closed on post of the year!

Does this mean we can all sit back and let you write the threads for us now?
:D

Er ta. :oops: That was the cut-down version too :oops:

Coincidentally, waking up this morning to my clock radio they said something on Radio 4 which was touched on earlier in the thread about spreading ones seed. The percentage of children in a family where the parents aren’t married in France is 56%. The UK was close behind at 48%.

The lady gave several reasons. But two I remember was it gives people more flexibility and the cost of the wedding...

BT - Does this mean we can all sit back and let you write the threads for us now? :D
Best not. I'm surprised anyone's still talking to me :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back