Has anyone got a bad word to say about Vaillant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been recommended one such boiler for the house.

My friends have all got Worcesters.

Sponsored Links
What reasons has the recommender given you?

Tony

Sponsored Links

Tony

Well, he said that that's what he generally installed. He said he used to do Worcester, but he reckons the electronic control panel is too complicated for people to figure out. He says Vaillant is simpler, same level of performance.

He reckoned Vaillant and Worcester were like BMW and Mercedes.

I've had the full range of boilers offered to me by heating engineers coming round to my house.

Vaillant seem to get good reviews on the internet.

So, what do you have in your house?

I've inherited an old Worcester 230. This is due to change shortly for an Intergas. Worcester are nothing like they used to be mainly due to many plastic parts prone to failure. Many people like Vaillants, but you ask the customer once they've had to pay for a repair on a failed neoprene hose. Vaillants were once the Rolls Royce of boilers, but it's difficult to compare them to BMW or Mercedes in terms of desirability for the installer who wants a good reputation off the back of selling their products.

James.

Tony

Well, he said that that's what he generally installed. He said he used to do Worcester, but he reckons the electronic control panel is too complicated for people to figure out. He says Vaillant is simpler, same level of performance.

He reckoned Vaillant and Worcester were like BMW and Mercedes.

I've had the full range of boilers offered to me by heating engineers coming round to my house.

Vaillant seem to get good reviews on the internet.

Yeah but which one is a Merc and which one is BMW or which one is a Wartburg !
Jeff

Merc/BMW/VW ...all German products are poor these days, full of design faults and cheap imported parts. Vaillant are no different.

My Parat tool box and tools are German and excellent though :)

Merc/BMW/VW ...all German products are poor these days, full of design faults and cheap imported parts. Vaillant are no different.

My Parat tool box and tools are German and excellent though :)

So what boiler do you have in your house?

Ideal Elan 2 open flued, totally inefficient but not needed a single part in 20 years :)

Not relevant what an RGI has in his house unless he choose it for some reason.

I happen to have two Vaillants but they were fitted second hand!

Tony

If you have a degree in electrical engineering & a couple of teenagers in the house then Vaillant's the one for you, if not go for something easier to use.
Vaillant's are good boilers but horrendously complicated, save yourself a lot of grief & money & go for the Ideal Logic+

You have already been recommended too good makes of boiler. Neither of them were worcester bosch or vaillant. Just because your friends have been brainwashed into have Worcesters fitted doesnt mean you have to have one. Overhyped overated and overpriced. Vaillant are better than the worcester but still overpriced.

As you have been told Intergas or Atag ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back