New combi boiler Needed? Advice needed please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I currently have an Alpha HE CB33 combi boiler. I can only get hot water when the heating is on and turned up high. My gas engineer friend confirmed that the diverter valve needs replacing. There is also an issue with the pressure. I have found a couple of small leaks on two valves. I assume this can make a difference. The needle on the pressure gauge wobbles from time to time. Im told this is because the expansion vessel is on the way out? So my question is, with the diverter valve and expansion vessel looking like they need replacing, i might as well invest in a new boiler for £600 instead of paying out £300 odd for parts? the boiler is 8 years old. Its not that i don't trust my mate but i could do with a couple of other opinions. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Both prices are just for parts. Labour to replace parts is about half the price to replace the boiler. Ive got a quote for replace and commission the boiler for £250. So all in all about £900 odd to replace and fit or £500 to suppy and fit new parts.

You won't get a decent boiler for £600, nor will you get a decent installation for £250...

Sponsored Links
So you don't think an Ideal Logic 24 is any good? You can get those for £600. My mate is a registered gas engineer and is literally doing a boiler swap for me. It's an afternoons work. I posted this question more to see if I should just do the repair or go the whole hog and get a new boiler. He said whole boiler but just wanted other opinions as I like more than one opinion.

Nowt wrong with the logic range. Too many people still got the isar/icos in mind :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back