pumping water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house abroad and the mains water supply is 300metres away down a hill. Sometimes the mains pressure isn't strong enough to get a decent flow of water up the hill to fill my tank. Is there any sort of pump which I can use to increase the pressure (Given that my power supply is obviously at the top of the hill)

Sponsored Links
Pumps generally like to push rather than pull so in this case you should be careful. Most well known pump manufacturers have something. I would suggest a DAB Active 30/80 booster set. It's inexpensive, easy to fit, and will overcome having to draw water over 300m. I assume the pipe is already inplace and so you have no great choice in this. Is the voltage abroad similar to the UK, if not buy the pump locally. In the Uk I know that Pulsar direct in MK have them.

IN the UK you can't put a pump on the mains even on your own property.

You'll have to establish what the pressure and flow measurements are, what you're entitled to and what the actual problem is in those terms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back