Gas Fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My first post on here, although I have been lurking around for a while. I intend on having a gas fire installed. Before I waste my time looking etc, do gas fires need a flu??

The only wall that could take one is also my wall of my neighbour, so it wouldnt be possible for a flu!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Although most gas fires require a flue, there are flueless gas fires available. Try Googling on Burley for example.

it may well be a flue (pre cast). but you are very restricted to what you can fit onto these. Unless you have a class 1or a class 2 chimmney you don't have a great deal to choose from. only fan flued and flueless fires really.

B&Q do some flue less gas fires and some times have them on display.

Sponsored Links
micky p said:
it may well be a flue (pre cast). but you are very restricted to what you can fit onto these. Unless you have a class 1or a class 2 chimmney you don't have a great deal to choose from. only fan flued and flueless fires really.

Loads of choice for pre cast flues these days.

Its the flue of choice for the developers who pass shoe boxes off as houses :LOL:

andsam said:
B&Q do some flue less gas fires and some times have them on display.

yep and they all need a minimum off 100cm2 free air to vent them,

and with the ammount of heat they chuck out this will make the room a bit chilly came the winter

wish part L had covered bloody gas fires to, ****ty things :)

scatmanjohn said:
micky p said:

Loads of choice for pre cast flues these days.

Its the flue of choice for the developers who pass shoe boxes off as houses :LOL:

what i mean is you can only chose an outset gas fire. providing it has a cooler plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back