hotpoint ultima 1600 not spining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya,
ive got a hotpoint wmm65 and it will fill but wont spin. it doesnt even turn at all when trying to do it by hand. ive had the back and the top off and the drive belt is fine but i did remove the filter and found £1.28 in change and the remians of some tights so ive unbloked those. one of the paddles has come off the drum so im guessing they got in through there. ive looked at previous posts and bushes seem to be a big problem but is there any chance that some item of clothing has jammed in the drum or is it more likely the bushes? if so how can i remove the drum to get the clothes out or conversly how do i relace the bushes?
thanks alot in advance for any advice
cheers
oliver

Sponsored Links
i bet its a sock stuck between inner and outer drums

grab the 2 remaining paddles and twist the drum. this should frree the sock, you can then take it out via the pump / outer tub connection with a coat hanger

thats brilliant Breezer, thanks for the reply. if it doesnt work ill send another post.
thanks
oliver

post what ever the outcome, it may help others

if it helps my brother had the same problem , he wouldn't believe me untill he did as i said and out came .................a sock

Sponsored Links
and the outcome is.............it works, excellent advice thanks. saved me 300 quid. just a pair of knickers down the drum which ive fished out as per your advice and its working perfectly.
thanks again
oliver :D

damn, my money was on a sock

you may want to know how they got there.

when a m/c drum moves clothes are pushed forward
anything small will get pulled down between the inner and outer drum

the reason this happens is simple.

the m/c is overloaded, better to do do 2 small washes than 1 big wash, as this doesnt happen, and they have more room to move = better wash & no hassle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back