Condesing Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for a condensing combi boiler.

Requirements 22,000 BTU (calculated on room sizes and type)
Must fit in a standard wall hung kitchen cabinet 500w X 290d X 720h

I was looking at the glow worm flexicom cx range, but read a few posts on here about staying well clear of them.

Really struggling to find one that will fit in a cabinet. Anyone any thoughts?

Regards
Mike

Sponsored Links
I love the look of a nice boiler and some beautiful copper pipe, and I choose my boilers without even considering one that would fit in a cupboard. The odd time I have to fit such a boiler for a customer I feel terribly guilty having to fit a pile of sh1te, but I resign myself to the fact that there are some people who are so ignorant that in the law of the jungle they wouldn't survive so they get the boiler they deserve..

I won't bring myself to recommend any small boilers.

Of course you will justify your personal choice and poo poo me. Call me a crank if you like, but when you are paying double for repairs because of the difficulty of access, and when you are paying twice as often for repairs because of the poor design, my words will haunt you.

Thanks for the reply paul.

No I wont poo poo you, people take the time to reply and for that I am grateful.

Anyway as such I am not now going to go for one that fits in a cabinet as the only one that comes close is the glow worm, but have read terrible thing about them so I'll stay clear.

I am going to go for a Potterton Gold C24 HE, this got the best buy in Which? tests in September. I still dont like the look of a boiler and pipes, but I'll just have to position it where it is less obvious.

Thank again.

Mike

Sponsored Links
OK,

I have a feeling the people at Which aren't corgi registered and are basing their research on laymen, which is flawed, but I suppose it's some sort of a guide.

You must think I am a terrible killjoy and if you ask 10 of us our recommendations you'll get 5 different options including the one which have plumbed for.

I hope it works out for you.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back