Laminated flooring!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have set myself a challenge to put down some laminated flooring in the spare bedroom! 8x11 mts, this week end, yes I know fool....that I am!

Would you be kind enough to advise with some dos and don'ts, some of you must have played this game before. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Try and visit a B&Q Warehouse before you start, They have a leaflet that seems to cover every aspect
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If the laminated flooring is the glue type where you have to join it together,I found the best way is to glue it on the tongue on both side instead of the groove side which the manufacter recommend.I found its join better at the tongue side as there's no airlock this way.If you put the glue on the groove side I find it hard to push the air & glue out.

Get yourself a Laminate Floor Fixing Kit.They are about £8 and make the job much easier.It consists of a knocking block with grooves in and a flat bar bent in opposing directions at each end. This is to slot in at the perimeters and pull the boards together.Also don't forget to leave an expansion gap of 10-12mm all around.If you are using the Scotia or Quadrant trim then stick it to the skirting and not the floor because any movement of the floor may push it into the skirting and knock it off.Hope this helps you.

Sponsored Links
By the way how big is your main bedroom if your spare is 8m X 11m ????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back