Summerhouse footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I'm digging the foundations for a 5.5m x 5m single storey summerhouse constructed in 4x2, osb, then redwood cladding with a pitched slated roof. I was going to make the strip footings 600mm wide x 600 ish deep (depending on the quality of the sub soil), but looking at it 2ft wide seems over the top for this building, do you reckon I could make the strip 300mm wide as the overall wall thickness will be approx. 150mm?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, CCW,
for a light timber building like yours, and depending a bit on the ground.
I woudn't go much over a spade depth, (9") and dig it out all over the area , put some harcore down in the middle up to near the edges,(but leave the edge 9" deep so there is some 'meat' where the load is) about 4" down from path level and concrete the whole area as a slab.
you can always pave on top if you want it more decorative later, in which case make the concrete 3" lower than Finish path.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back