Concrete for Washing Line Pole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I've really quick question.. I need to put up a metal pole in the garden for my extendable washing line. I'm a bit short on pennys at the minute so ideally I'd like to use materials I already have... rather than forking out for concrete, postcrete or a bag of cement and aggregate, can I make a suitable concrete for this purpose using my bag of ready mix mortar from B&Q and the bag of 20mm gravel that I've got in my shed?

Any suggestions for ratios?

Sorry if this is a daft question! Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Rich.

Sponsored Links
:confused: A single bag of Postcrete will set you back about 3 quid! Oh, just spotted that you're from the wrong side of the Pennines. That explains it then ;)

Personally I'd use Postcrete. The stuff sets in literally minutes, once upright you can walk away, no need to brace it or use guide ropes to ensure it stays plumb.

Probably do the job from start to finish, ready to use before the wash cycle is complete! [/quote]

Hah cheers Tom, I took your advice and picked up a bag, had to sell me ferret for funds but I found the 3 quid so all is well!!

Cheers for the reply,
Rich.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back