Bee Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a post about Amy Winehouse but....

I was clearing weeds nettles etc from where Ive been dumping my rubbish out oif sit ein my garden but found a bee hive under old slabs. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

I know now not to just dump my stuff and get a skip next time instead!!!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
If they are bees, look in yellow pages or do a google....bet they will come & take for free..

Do you want to re-home them or kill them?

A popular method is setting them on fire but this may not be possible if its near flammable surroundings or you have a weak constitution.

Ideally get rid of them from my garden by whatever means!!! Hive is under soil so think setting fire might be difficult.

When Ive watched then theres an area around the size of a small football that moves around a little from them moving! I Dont fancy hanging around to dig it out!!

Sponsored Links
I bet bees cant swim

years ago, neigbour had wasps nest in his shed, i gave him a can of flea killer (available form vets, very expensive) 2 "squirts" and 18 hours later all dead

Gregers is right - bees are protected. If they're living under the ground they will be bubble bees - fat fury things. They are increasingly rare and should be left in peace until the winter. They hibernate after about November, and they won't come back to the same nest next year.

On a point of order, a bee hive is a wooden man-made construction which bees can be kept in. A wild colony of bees will make a "nest", not a hive.

If all the bees die because of people wanting them out of their gardens then there will be nothing to pollinate the flowers and you'll never get any fruit on your fruit trees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back