Telescopic/jackable post?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm making a breakfast bar from an existing block partition. having knocked the height down to suit i'll be screwing timber on top for the surface.. would like to get something like a key clamp solid post on the 'free' end jacking up to the ceiling to help stabilize it.. and for aesthetics, anyone know of a system that would let me add that and screw it really tight?

Sponsored Links
:idea: :LOL: :idea:
0172.jpg

Damn you lol Why not go the whole hog and stick an adjustable strongback in! .. jesus.... an Acro... walked into that didn't i? :p

look in the ladies' exercise ads for a Dancing Pole. They work like that.

If you buy a second-hand one you could ask for a demonstration :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you buy a second-hand one you could ask for a demonstration

I once worked at a house that had a pole set up in the main bedroom... I didn't raise the topic with the customer when she returned to the house, maybe I should have?

Not a bad idea that JohnD thanks... they seem pretty expensive though.. are there any other systems more intended for the purpose?

Why not use a bracket instead o a poxy pole? Poles are awful under worktops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back