SANIFLOW WON'T STOP PUMPING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm new to this forum and struggling to find things.

My Saniflow Plus has decided that it is not going to stop pumping. I've done all the gruesome stuff that goes with getting inside it but can't see obvious fix. Any (polite) suggestions on how to fix it. :?:

I can see question has been on forum before but can't see any reply that helps - though a lot of comments that have cheered me up no end. :D

Sponsored Links
hi-spec plumbing heating said:
check the water level flow switch that operates when water reaches level.
they can get stuck.

Thanks but I need a bit of guidance on finding/identifying the said water level flow switch. Is it accessible once I have removed the top cover or do I need to start dismantling the whole works? Not sure that I am brave enough to tackle that. Is there any way to unstick it without carrying out major surgery on the unit?

Sponsored Links
The level switch is usually an air pressure switch close to the top of the unit with a thin tube connecting it to the bottom where it sees the pressure.

Its unlikely the switch itself has failed.

Usually "dirt" in the tube.

Tony

hi-spec plumbing heating said:
best way to work on them is take it out in the garden.
and remove lid and give a good washout with a hose.

Well the roses are looking fine now! :)

Sadly the Saniflow is not. I fear that the relevant microswitch is defunct. :( ce la mort!

Agile said:
The level switch is usually an air pressure switch close to the top of the unit with a thin tube connecting it to the bottom where it sees the pressure.

Its unlikely the switch itself has failed.

Usually "dirt" in the tube.

Tony

Thanks for response. Suspect that I have an older unit where switch pushes into pillar coming up from lower chamber. Following other advice I have cleaned it all out with a hose in the garden, pulling the switch off and ensuring that channel up through pillar is clear. Also tried running it with the switch removed from the pillar and it still doesn't switch off.

Can't see what else it can be but a defunct switch unless, of course, you know better?

Now that you have removed the THING dump it in the wheely bin and purchase another!!!!!!! hate the Bl$$%y things.

petetheleak said:
Now that you have removed the THING dump it in the wheely bin and purchase another!!!!!!! hate the Bl$$%y things.

Purchase another Saniflo? - unlikely

Purchase a different make? - possibly a SaniSplit. Anyone any experience of them :?:

Purchase another house? - a bit extreme

try using an airdryer on the circuit board for the pressure switch to obviously dry it out. it usually gets damp and can cause constant pumping.its worked for me in the past

have you a picture of inside of your one now its all clean?

I have always wanted to see inside one (clean / unused) as i too have read all the comments

posting a picture info is in forum information

You should test the continuity of the contacts on the switch to see if its jammed.

This "pillar", is it a rod which lifts with a float on the bottom or something? Or is it a rigid tube which communicates air pressure from near the base?

Tony

holty said:
try using an airdryer on the circuit board for the pressure switch to obviously dry it out. it usually gets damp and can cause constant pumping.its worked for me in the past

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this but it made no difference! I fear that the pressure switch is defunct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back