Bath taps with shower connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help : I have a set of bath taps which has a shower connection pull up plunger thing to change between bath and shower. The pressure on the taps is ok but when I pull the plunger , the taps stop but the water pressure decreases so the shower head just trickles ( well maybe a little more than a trickle ). I have changed the shower head and lead that connects it but still low pressure...Any ideas or are they not very good anyway? The feeders also connect to another shower unit that is fine so i assume it is this lever plunger thingy...Any help welcome...Cheers

Sponsored Links
have you tried disconnecting the shower hose and seeing what rate the water comes out the top of the mixer when you do? if it comes out of there slowly then I think it's safe to say that the lever mechanism is at fault. I don't know if they can be replaced without replacing the whole mixer or not.

Yes, I disconnected it and it bubbles up about 5 inches, Do you think that is about right? Thanks for your help so far,

Sponsored Links
you don't tell us if it's gravity or mains pressure.

no it's not the mixer taps at fault, did you check on the instructions for what pressure is best suited for them taps

i would say your gravity fed and depending on your feed pipes your connections you may of restricted the flow.

alot of taps now are designed for mains pressure and don't work on gravity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back