RF2 transmitter broken - do I need a new receiver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

After putting our Drayton Digistat RF2 transmitter through the washing machine (please don't ask) it no longer works.

Can I buy any transmitter (obviously the same type/model) and link it to my current receiver (which still works), or do I need to replace the receiver as well?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

After putting our Drayton Digistat RF2 transmitter through the washing machine (please don't ask) it no longer works.

Can I buy any transmitter (obviously the same type/model) and link it to my current receiver (which still works), or do I need to replace the receiver as well?

thanks in advance
From what I understand you should be able to pair a new transmitter with the receiver.

If Drayton have a website I'd check the manual though :)

Sponsored Links
Yes you can you will just have to go through the commissioning procedure again before they will recognize each other.

Not sure if it is drayton or danfoss that has changed the frequency that the transmitter and reciever work on fom the older models if it`s the one you have you will have to buy both parts as they are not interchangeable
But as i say not sure what make it is

I think it is Drayton as the last couple of Digistat 1's I have fitted contain a warning about this.

The Drayton RF stats changed the frequency perhaps about 2002 and only the appropriate transmitter can be used to match the receiver.

What interests me more is where you can buy the transmitter without the receiver!

A client bought the flat recently but the vendors took the transmitter with them when they left!

Tony

Not sure if it is drayton or danfoss that has changed the frequency that the transmitter and reciever work on fom the older models if it`s the one you have you will have to buy both parts as they are not interchangeable
But as i say not sure what make it is

The Drayton changed, but I changed one last year, for one that was 2 years old, & no problems, so I suppose it will depend on age.. But check ebay out. I got mine there good price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back