Hotpoint WD61 not emptying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a Hotpoint wd61 and its not emptying. replaced the pump but still no luck. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Some more information?
Is the drain hose into a stand pipe or onto a spigot under the sink?
Is the drain pump running?

It is Draining a certain amount as in i emptied 1 basin of water from 1 Spin but then still has plenty of warter left.

Sry not used to these forums.. But yes drain pump and pies are clear from the pump to waste but water even though is been pumper only realy trickles out but is pumping it out just very slowly so not sure if thats how it normally works?

Sponsored Links
Have you looked in pipework from base of drum to the pump. There might be a piece of clothing such as a sock that has got in between the outer and inner drum and has lodged either in the pipework or where the water leaves the drum.

KK well i have a test run running atm.. after running the end of the sping 3 times it has finally emptied and so and running a full test if that doesn't empty will have a look there... thank you's for your quick response..

The filter in the sump hose will be blocked.
Drop the hose off the bottom of the outer tub and clean out the cage in the hose.

Spot on .. thank you for that.. it was well blocked.. :p

The filter in the sump hose will be blocked.
Drop the hose off the bottom of the outer tub and clean out the cage in the hose.
:D This forum is brilliant, your advice helped me fix my washer too, thank you very much.

Hi there

I've got the exact same problem with my WD61 too - it won't empty anymore. Now, it's done this twice in the past and I've fixed the problem by going under my kitchen sink, finding where the washing machine outlet plugs into it and giving it a good clean. This time, it was once again really caked up with solidified fat and stuff but removing it and putting it all back together hasn't fixed the problem. I started the wash cycle completely from scratch again and it ran all the way through, yet is still full of water at the end of the cycle.. :(

Forgive my ignorance but I don't know what a sump hose is or where the filter is located. Can someone give me step by step instructions of what I need to do to try and fix this before I have to resort to calling for help and paying through the nose...?

cheers

Daz

Can someone give me step by step instructions of what I need to do to try and fix this before I have to resort to calling for help and paying through the nose...?

Sorry, Don't have the time to give step by step instructions.

The sump hose is on the bottom of the outer tub and goes to the pump.
It may not be the problem however. From your post, you've had fat blockages in the past. If this has gone down the drain hose and solidified at it's lowest point then you'll have a blockage there. Sump hose is easiest to check first. It does involve unplugging the machine from the mains and taking the back off first though.

As to "Paying through the nose". Don't you think we deserve to earn a decent wage?
Take into account the overheads of an office, telephones, heating, lighting, vans, insurance etc and you'll find there's not a lot of profit in this work.
Giving up my time to answer queries for free doesn't put food on the table either.

Very sorry, am new to these forums. Didn't mean to cause any offence and there's really no need to bite my head off.. :rolleyes:

Absolutely no offence taken, if there was I wouldn't have answered your query.
I'm not biting your head off, just pointing out the value for money when you do call in an engineer.
:D

Hi again

Cheers for the replies, sorry if I got you a bit wrong there - it was first thing in the morning and I'd had a bit of a sleepless night worrying about the darned thing...

Anyway, I got the back of the machine off and am now seeing this:

http://djdust.com/misc/wash.jpg

Is the sump pipe the black one directly underneath the 'wheel' at the bottom? If it is, I can't see exactly how to get to it to check if it's blocked. Can you help me any further?

cheers :)

Take the black clip off the large hose (yes, under the pulley), pull the hose off (loads of towels) and you'll find the filter cage in there.
If all is well there then either a blocked pump (left hand side) or faulty pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back