Painting an already painted new build interior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm due to move into a new build Wimpey house in December and the wife has already earmaked repainting of the interior to white, the interior is finished and painted magnolia throughout but the sales people have said we either wait 2 years before painting or use a breathable paint, how accurate is this statement as I've dredged the archives on here and someone had said if it's not deep plaster than it doesn't require a breathable paint. I suppose my real question is which is the best White paint to use in this situation.

Mark

Sponsored Links
I thought Wimps and most other new builds used Dot+dab drylining with plasterboard :confused: have you got a Site Agent on the site, or just the salespeople....1 knows a lot , the other knows sweet F.A , usually. Anyways, Dulux Trade Matt is usually for new work ;) or any other Non-Vinyl emulsion

Sales people know jack ****..and site agents aint far behind when it comes to painting,

They have probably been painted with contract (non vinyl) matt in which case all you need to do is thin your first coat of vinyl matt out by about 20% first...because contract is aborbant.

It will need two coats even if it covers becasue the surface of the contract matt will cause it to be patchy.

I agree with nigel here...most places are dry wall anyway so it wont matter...but even if they are solid, two years for them to dry out?.......leave me alone!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back