Water Pressure -Worcester 537/i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Had the above installed about six months ago & all working fine to until i bled the radiators then i lost water pressure and whole system shut down.

Called out British Gas who had the system up & running within minutes after bleeding rads & getting pressure back up to 1.0, but i forgot to mention to him the bathroom one also didnt get hot and only bottom half of rad gets hot, so seeing how simple it appeared to be from watching gasman do it, i bled the bathroom rad which in turn led to pressure dropping down to 0.5ish (in the red) so i thought hmmm he tunred a valve underneath so i looked and found four possible valves, one looks like it out going hot water (going by arrows on boiler & feeling pipes) the other three appear to be one for gas and two for water, so ignoring the gas one that leaves two water valve thingys, one has to adjustments, if i turn the furthest one then the other water leaks and no water from hot taps , the other water one again looks like it has to adjustments, one which will turn with a flathead driver and another black looking knob that does not want to move and i dont want to force it. Any ideas on how to get water pressure back up, its working fine at mo but i know if the pressure drops any further the automatic cut off features kicks in and no hot water or heating

Thanks for any help

Richard

Sponsored Links
Worcester often have a built in filling loop that needs the white plastic fitment to push in and turn to do this.

Search on here, I'm sure this hs been asked and answered qlots of times and quite recently as well.

Sponsored Links
The black plastic dufa on the right. Key goes in the hole next to the white knob. Bit of silicone spray/grease or teflon will make it a lot easier. Stick in turn 40 degrees or so to stop it from popping out.
Heat system up full.
Turn white know 3 turns.
Wait til dial is on 2.
Turn white knob til loosely closed.
Pull key out, if it keeps dripping, turn white knob a little tighter

Thank you very kindly for that reply, that is making more sense to me now.
Now all i need is a key, apparently there is a big red key tucked up behind the boiler will see if i can get to it and see if that's the one i need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back