Problem with Ideal Classic Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - for some reason this boiler is starting to switch itself on when the timer for both water and heating are off. The emersion tank appears to be bubbling away all the time and means that even in the night the radiators upstairs are warm to touch.

Any ideas on problem please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hot water actuator on an s plan system stuck on...probably.

sorry not at all technical - is this a problem where I need someone to come out and fix it or is it something easy enough to fix myself.
Thx

I think you need to confirm whether you actually have an old 'Ideal Classic Combi' or do we assume by your mentioning an 'immersion' that it is in fact a standard classic boiler :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hi just looked it is a Classic FF360 - Fan flue gas boiler. The house is about five years old. Think I may have confused matters by saying immersion I mean the tank in the airing cupboard.

No you confused matters by calling it a combi :eek:

It is a standard heat only Classic. You need to check your zone valves as already posted.

Firstly one would assume that the immersion is switched off?

You will either have 2 x 2 port valves or 1 x 3 port valve, probably in the airing cupboard next to the hw cylinder.

One of these will either be stuck open, or at least the microswitch broken stuck on, or maybe it is the 3 way head tha has had it and on for hw all the time.

These will tell the boiler to fire even though the programmer is off.

Thanks Dave - save us all from untechie women :)

Immersion is off LOL have checked that

Will ring an engineer tomorrow - Any ideas how big a job this would be in terms of cost?

Many thanks for your help on this.
C

If it is a valve head gone then roughly £80-£100, or if valve body gone around £140-£200.

Depends on make and how easy it is to get to etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back