loop in at switches lighting circuits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
iam looking for diagrams or detailed instructions how to wire a 2 way lighting for this method :D :D [/b]

Sponsored Links
live and neutral feeds to the switch box

lives into the actual switch ( com )

neutrals into a terminal block ( or second pole if using double pole switches. )

live and neutral from light to the switch box

live into switch ( L1 )

neutral into the terminal block with the other neutrals ( or to the other side of the second pole if using double pole switches.. )

this image is under //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:single-way-lighting in the wiki..
electrics:lighting:slhar1w.gif

iam looking for diagrams or detailed instructions how to wire a 2 way lighting for this method
1) Look at diagrams of 2-way switching when only the phase goes to and from the switch network.

2) See how it works.

3) Think how little it changes if neutral also goes to and from the switch network.

4) Wonder why you couldn't work that out yourself.

Sponsored Links
Look in the wiki at the 2 way wiring diagram. The switch wires connect into L1 and L2 at the switch along with the strappers.
Now look at the wiring diagram coljack posted above. The switch wires are connected across L1 and C.
All you would need to do is the same as coljack posted above for the neutrals and earth but do the same as the 2way circuit in the wiki i.e. connecting the switch wires across L1 and L2 along with the strappers.

it was a two way circuit diagram i was looking for for loop in at switches
1) Look at diagrams of 2-way switching when the loop circuit runs through the ceiling and only the phase goes to and from the switch network.

2) See how it works.

3) Think how little it changes if neutral also goes to and from the switch network.

4) Wonder why you couldn't work that out yourself.

TIP

One way switching takes place across COM and L1

Two way switching takes place across L1 and L2

Neutrals play no part.

I can not see what you are struggling with?

loop in and out live cables go to L1..

live out to the light goes to L2..

3 core and earth go from common to common, L1 to L1, and L2 to L2..

neutrals stop in the terminal block, earths go in the earth terminal on faceplate, grid or back box.. ( or terminal block )

Are you just converting a normal 1 way to make the light operate from 2 switches/

Give it up everyone - I don't know who this william1985 is, but he doesn't have the capacity to understand anything you're trying to tell him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back