loop in at the switch

so you are saying on t4 you used conduit and then put the neutrals in con blocks in the switch i dont think so

Sponsored Links
thats exactly how we did it spark,that is the correct way of wiring in tube.
like i said its a very old idea,adapted to something new.still wire the proper way through tube though,cant help it :D

no this is to much you ran your tube took your neutrals down your switch drops took them back to your lights were you working for murphy,s

Sponsored Links
The only neutrals we had present in the switch enclosure were for electronic timers or just passing through on their way to a luminaire which was more to do with the conduit run.

no this is to much you ran your tube took your neutrals down your switch drops took them back to your lights were you working for murphy,s

when did i say i did that?
i even backed up spark 123 when he mentioned running the neutrals through the fittings.all i was saying is ITS AN OLD IDEA ADAPTED TO A DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT.
obviously the way it is now done in domestic properties,IS NOT A TRUE LOOP IN SYSTEM

you know what spark,your right,this is why we need a separate forum for sparks to talk to sparks.this has probably made the OP paranoid now about whether hes doing the right thing or not.

ive changed my mind,are you doing it or what?

i am sorry got the wrong end of the stick but if you look back through the thread i am against s plte system in the switch with con blocks then you seemed to say you done this on t4 in tube see where i am coming from

Looping the lives via the switches in tube yeah, but to loop the neutrals would just be filling the conduit and wasting cable.
But back on the house front, taking the phase and neutral to each switch and jointing the neutral in the enclosure of the switch seems to be the way to go given the crappy horrible fittings with no room for wires which people buy cos they have like the look of them[/rant]

no need to apologise mate,re-reading my own initial post,it does suggest i did put neutrals at switches(i can assure you i did not)it was still ok to slap apprentices back then/pin them down and shove coduit down their overalls/leave them up in the cherry picker and go to lunch,and i would have got one of them for doing that!

Because he's a time-served spark who because he's served his time thinks he no longer has to move with the times.

But hey - let's not even suggest that his competence to work to today's standards and practices should ever need to be checked, eh?

if you where meant to loop in at the switch why cant you get a 2 way switch with a loop and neutral terminal to me its just a diy method but time served and 30 years in maybe its just me
Yup - it's just you. You're a time-served spark who because you've served your time think you no longer have to move with the times.

But hey - let's not even suggest that your competence to work to today's standards and practices should ever need to be checked, eh?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back