loop in at the switch

Whats your point?

Lots of DIYers come here asking for diagrams of loop in at the ceiling rose two way switching arrangements too

Hell, two reds at a switch is enough to confuse some DIYers

Sponsored Links
thats it i give up all i said was i dont like the method every time i have came across it it has been a mess over crowded switches front plates forced back on to con blocks if you can do it correct and safe good luck to you its not just me as isaid at the risk of repeating myself if you had 3 sparks on a site and they where trade testing say for the contract for 10 flats and i used this method do you think he would get the contract

Sponsored Links
ok lets try this you have a question in your 17th edition exam and be honest

how many live conductors would you expect to find in the last sp switch in a lighting circuit
a 1
b 2
c 4
d 6

In the switch itself, it would be b (2)
You wouldn't connect the neutrals to the switch.

ok should have said at the switch your pretty sharp at this time of night must have had an afternoon nap

It can be b or c , what if the last one was your feed to the outside light? What if it one which has an electronic timer? If they asked using the loop in ceiling rose method then the answer would be 2 live conductors.
If the outside light example was used where the neutral loops via the switch then the answer would be 4 live conductors.

thats it enjoyed the thread will come back with a topic that can come to a right or wrong conclusion goodnight lads

who cares?
the point it,these days with all the fancy fittings people want,its often a far superior way of doing things.started doing it over 20 years ago on terminal four as a sixteen year old apprentice,still do it now.
no issue.

they did (we did) spark.im just trying to say its a legitimate method of wiring and has crossed over into the domestic sector.its not a new thing,its one of the first things i learnt,its an old method adapted to a different environment.

When I did conduit installation we looped phases via the switches and neutrals via the fittings, I can see where you are coming from with looping the phase via the switch though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back