Min distance from existing fire flue...?

F45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have recently had the wheelie bin imposed on us and I'm trying to build an area where they (3) can be kept - the existing bin site being too small.

The obvious location is next to our house wall where we have an existing exhaust flue for a gas fire (vent with cage around it) which is around the level of the bin tops. My question is, are there any regulations about how close I can put the bins to this vent - or is it sufficient that they don't protrude into the caged area?

Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
Not a regular kind of problem, though I would suggest a minimum clearence of 600mm either side.

(lays neck on block emoticon)

tell us the make and model of the fire, the height of the flue (asume it must be less than 2m as it has a cage) and the height of the bin store, it will betreated like any obstruction so give us this info

Thanks for the quick responoses.....

Unfortunately, the fire has been in this house longer than I have so I'm not that clued up on the make etc. It is one of the imitation coal fire types with an open flame - there is a label on the inside which says it is a "Victorian Power Flue by Eurotech Fires". Narrow it down any.....?

Outside, the bottom of the vent is located 650mm above the ground with the top at around 1M.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a balanced flue type fire, 300mm square flue.

Should be ok 600mm to the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back