instaling a plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can you advise me on instaling a spur in the kitchen for a cooker hood.
Can i simply piggie back of another plug with one cable or does this have to be in a loop as well.

Sponsored Links
A spur will be fine, but you should include a 3amp inline fuse to protect the hood if you are connecting it without a plug.

Can i piggie back the spur to the cooker hood 3 amp fused connection to the back of a 45 Amp Cooker Control Unit or its integrated plug socket ? Please LMK Gareth

I wouldn't; you should put in a fixed fused spur off of your ring main ensuring that you spur off of part of the ring rather than another spur. You'll know this as it will have two wires going into it not one.

You can only do one spur per single or double socket.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, it was'nt actually a cooker spur as it run 6 mm cable straight to its own 32 amp MCB at consumer unit but its probably the same i would imagine. If not please update me as a man in my local electrical wholesalers told me it was ok. Thank good i have'nt plastered over the conduit yet........cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back