other methods of levelling a small area of concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i hope someone can lend their experience to me for a second!

i have a concrete floor (around 25sq/m) which is pretty level. There is a section of a few sq metres that had cermic tiles on and i've managed to get those up by using a demolition hammer as they were stuck pretty tight. So i have a small area within the larger area that is uneven.

Is there any way to level just this area?

I'd rather not have to level the entire floor and i can't quite see how i could level just this bit? I suppose i could pour self leveling over the area and perhaps it would even out and make a nice seam with the surrounding flat concrete but i don't rate my chances with that, i'd guess the levelling compound would have a lip at the edges.

Is there a way to 'fill' the areas of the floor and perhaps sand it down to match the surrounding area? I mean there are still the odd bits of glue that previously held the tiles to the floor (perhaps it's sandable) and some holes in the concrete where i got a bit overexcited with the hammer. So, like a wall or other surface, perhaps there's a method to fill and sand down.

The floor will have a 6mm depron underlay and then a 15mm wood floor ontop.

huge thanks in advance for any ideas...
paul

Sponsored Links
How about cutting out to a depth of say an inch and fill the area properly with sand and cement.

If you went round with a disc cutter first, you would have a nice clean edge to float up to.

im a bit of a novice here (like it doesn't show!), so would end up hiring the tools. I guess one would be an angle grinder (to do the cut, is that what you mean by disc cutter) and what would be the best way to cleanly take up the inner part - the demolition hammer again?

Im just trying to find the quickest simplest way to do this!

thanks for the help
paul

Sponsored Links
Don't get me wrong I'm no expert!!!

Yes, use an angle grinder with a stone cutting wheel. You could buy one from screwfix cheaper than hiring probably!

you could make other cuts in the concrete so you have small sections to chisel out - will make it far easier.

Remember to wear goggles and a mask - Like my wife says 'It will get messy' :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back