Hair Dye on a Cream Leather Sofa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has got some brown hair dye on our cream leather sofa, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
use nail polish remover... had the same prob worked very well for me

I had the same problem while house sitting for my brother and tried everything to remove it and almost sold soul to the devil :evil: to erase the stain. Thank you for your help I can breathe again.

hellish_heidy said:
I had the same problem while house sitting for my brother and tried everything to remove it and almost sold soul to the devil :evil: to erase the stain. Thank you for your help I can breathe again.

I have a light brown leather sofa, and was having my hair done, I had to sit down for 15 mins or so, a silver paper thing fell off and left dark brown stains, I felt terrible, the hairdresser also felt bad, as if it was her fault. We used nail polish remover which smelt of acetone (others without acetone probably won't work). We carefully wiped the brown marks, and you can't see any marks at all. We then quickly (lightly) wiped the rest of the sofa with the acetone, it is perfect. We will possibly use a leather cleaner or polish now, as the acetone may have de-greased slightly. Sofa looks as new! Wonderful advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi!

try some thing with high alcohol content like nail polish remover or a deodorant. and try cleaning..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back