Mono taps help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ive just installled a new sink in my bathroom complete with mono taps. The problem is there is very little water coming out of them. If anyone has any ideas where ive gone wrong id be grateful if you would tell me ( I have followed pipe connections to the letter)
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Wrong type of pressure taps ?

Kinked flexi connectors?

Air lock?

Are the others OK ?

Yes bathroom taps (also mono are fine) Have been told that I shouldnt have installed sink ones as these should run off mains pressure.Trouble is no one warned me when I brought them. If I have to change the whole sink i will go mad Do you know of anyway round this, please!

Not really mate,, youll have to change the taps I think,, contact the supplier and ask them if they can be converted ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi gasman 1965

Sorry for sounding silly but converted to what and can you buy mono taps for non mains use. Hope that makes sense.

There are mains pressure taps and gravity tank pressure taps .. Basically the mains 1ns will be restricted in some way to deal with the pressure ..

Oh so I shouldnt have to change the whole sink, just the taps. Firstley truth time my names not Dave its Jenny, yes im a girlie. My brother inlaw is replaceing our bathroom and told me that there wasnt much I could do about these taps. Except live with them. If you think there is then maybe it might be worth me getting a plumber in when hes finished . What do you think? Dont want to start a family war by making a fuss.

Ahhh the truth comes out :LOL: :LOL:

In that case just change the taps for the right type and put the others on fleabay ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back