The death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people want the death penalty restored, it saves lives.
If that's what most people want, then why aren't they making their feelings clear to their MPs, instead of consistently and repeatedly letting them believe the opposite? :confused:

Sponsored Links

Pierrepoint (Uk Hangman) said in his autobiography that he believed the death penalty was revenge and nothing more and that he believed it was no deterrent. :(

Of course its a deterrent.

What's the incidence per capita of (say) murder in Saudia Arabia versus the UK?

Don't know the actual figures but would anyone like to hazard a guess which would be lower and why?

MW

Sponsored Links
It isn't a better comparison than Saudi Joe because they actually do execute guilty people in Saudi not jail them for 10 years pending appeal(s) ;)

MW

They execute innocent people. Glad you think that's the way to go. It means you've lost the argument.

Would you reintroduce torture too? (like the Americans have).
Yup, without a moments hesitation in the right circumstances and with the right controls.
Then you are a vile, disgusting, sub-human scumbag that is worth less than dog-shit on the sole of society's shoe, and the world would be a better place if you removed yourself from it.

But no doubt the moderators will decide that you calling for torture is acceptable on a family forum, whereas me trying to leave you in no doubt about the burning contempt I feel for you will be regarded as unacceptable.

Of course its a deterrent.

What's the incidence per capita of (say) murder in Saudia Arabia versus the UK?

Don't know the actual figures but would anyone like to hazard a guess which would be lower and why?

MW
Go and live there then, and make this country a better place.

You don't agree with torture in any guise and under any circumstances then, I take it, BAS?! :LOL:

I used to carry a small pocket knife about two inches long.
I need it since my hands are not strong enough to deal with modern packaging like the plastic that is round magazines and sweets and similar.
Now I am told I have no human right to use such a tool and if I am found with it in public then I am dealt with as if I were a total criminal out to stab and kill.

I don't know if you knew, but you can get "safety" knifes for this very purpose.

They work a bit like the emergency seat belt cutters with a concealed blade, so that it' almost impossible to stab someone with. ;)

Many companies have been using them for years to comply with health & safety regulations (you obviously can't have loads of workers running around with knives in their hands)! :rolleyes:

Joe-90 wrote:
They execute innocent people. Glad you think that's the way to go. It means you've lost the argument.
This is a banal thing to say even by your standards Joe.

Just because they carry out the punishment immediately, what makes you think they are executing innocent people or that the people on death row in the US are any less guilty.

If you have a death penalty then, once people have been found guilty by legitimate process, they should be executed not put in prison for a decade and then executed.

The effort should be put into the legitimate process.

Ban-all-sheds wrote:
Go and live there then, and make this country a better place.
The only way this country will become a better place is if doo-goody weak willed people like you go and live elsewhere and let people with more traditional values make this country the once great place it was ... Presumably you believe that the "taking part" is the important thing also rather than the "winning" and that we should "discuss" behavioural problems with our giggling 3 year old who's just ran out in front of a bus rather than "smacking" them to ensure they don't kill themselves next time?

Get real and address today's issues because this country is spiralling down out of control thanks to people like you.

MW

Pierrepoint (Uk Hangman) said in his autobiography that he believed the death penalty was revenge and nothing more and that he believed it was no deterrent. :(
One mans revenge is another mans justice, where is the evidence that people who believe in capital punishment are just after revenge.

It's just the cry of the PC brigade.

I have no desire for revenge against someone who blows up a bus full of innocent people nor, though, do I have a desire to pay to keep them in prison for 20 years or more.

In a civilised society bound by a sense of common decency and a fundamental understanding of right from wrong people who clearly step outside this way of life for any form of gain or gratification (not because they are ill or coerced) relinquish their rights under that way of life.

In these cases those people should be executed for the good of the many and, if they need someone to volunteer to stick the needle in, fit the noose, wield the axe, flick the switch or even foot the leckie bill ... I hereby volunteer.

MW

One mans revenge is another mans justice, where is the evidence that people who believe in capital punishment are just after revenge.

Who is to say that revenge in itself isn't a good enough reason for capital punishment?

Why should a convicted murderer be allowed to kill a completely innocent person and get to leave a crowded all inclusive holiday camp (cough I mean jail) after a couple of years and resume life as normal?

I'm a great believer of treat others how you'd like to be treated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back