Floor Boxes with wooden floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have seen a few posts here, but cannot determine if the sunken floor boxes (pic below) are suitable for standard floor boards.

Obviously I would need to add noggins, but am concerned with the size of the box and the chunk of floorboards needed to be cut out to fit it.

I know I can do this with the flat plate sockets, but do not want to have such a trip hazard exposed and I also have data sockets to add.

Sponsored Links
Don't see any issues with installing them into floorboards, providing you don't go cutting away joists or any other structural component.

I recently installed a few floor boxes into chipboard flooring on timber joists without any problems.

I have one of these fitted in my downstairs office where I have an old suspended wooden floor, there are no problems at all.

Thanks for your advice.

I shall be fitting them in prep for the electrician to wire up, and wanted to make sure I fitted suitable boxes.

Sponsored Links
Just cut the hole for the spark then - He may be greatful for the hole before you actually fix the box in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back