olive puller's! .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been meaning to ask about this for a while now. are olive puller's any good? I have seen them in screwfix and they are about 20quid!

I have in the past had to carefully saw off old olive's before and wondered if these olive pullers are as good as they seem? anyone got one?? ...

Sponsored Links
i have found them very handy if you haven't got much pipe to play with as in a low rad etc.

might buy one then. i had to remove old olives froma compression fitting on a pedestal basin a few months back and it was a knightmare!! took me an hour to saw them off carefully with a hacksaw as i was scared i'd pinhole the pipe!!

the only thing with the screw on olive puller it won't fit diverter valve or old imp thread nuts.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for your help-good point there.

i think i have got olive puller's wrong! I just though you unscrewed the nut and put the olive puller over the olive and removed it that way. didn't know the nut also was covered by the o. puller!

place the puller over the olive screw the nut on the bottom then when you wind the puller up the nut pulls the olive off.

To be honest if the olive doesn't ease off with a decent pair of water pump pliers it will have been overtightened anyway. The pipe will be crushed and the replacement won't seal properly.

Always use olive cutters, not tried pullers, and does 95% of jobs except where you cant move the compression nut back far enough, due to being near an elbow or tee fitting.

And a junior hacksaw and electicians screw driver is so hard to use heavens forbid it takes more than 30 secs to get an olive off. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back