Neff oven connection to mains (B6774)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I hope someone might be able to help?? I’ve had a good search around and can’t find anything on this:

I recently installed a single neff oven with its own power supply – no problems. I now wish to install a neff combination microwave oven (B6774NOGB) above that, again with its own cooker switch with own power supply.

I bought a second hand oven from a reliable source, and was given the original plug to wire in as it had previously been hard-wired in by neff technicans. On opening up the oven, there is no obvious place to wire in the original plug lead – there are only connection ‘paddles’ – ie no connection terminals/ screws (as per the oven I just wired in). I’ve attached a pic so you can see what I’ve got to play with.

Is this normal? Do I convert the cable I have to attach to the paddles? I am worried that if the final connection terminals for N,L &E have been removed, then there may be other bits missing, so reluctant to make the connection.

Any advice would be extremely appreciated!

With thanks.

PS, I posted this in the Electrics section too, but it may be more applicable here...

Sponsored Links
Stem, thanks for your reply on the 'Electrics' string (which is now locked - oops, apologies for crossposting).

I tried Neff who suggested purchasing a new lead - but the way they described it sounded like the one I was given. May give them another go. Otherwise I'll get a repairer to look over it. Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back