Low Level Cistern and Pan - Uneven Flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice on this problem please.

I've just installed a low level cistern and pan, where the two are connected via a plastic L shaped pipe. When I first installed it, the flush was perfect, covering the whole inside of the pan. However, due to a slight leak on the flush pipe connector I had to disconnect everything and re-connect. After doing this, the flush appears to have changed, and doesn't cover the top 5 inches of the front of the pan. I'm baffled as to what I've done different on re-connecting that has forced the flush pattern to change. Has anyone come across this before - is it to do with the angle that the pipe makes to the cistern and pan?

Many thanks,

Jeff.

Sponsored Links
Were was the leak?, How did you reseal it?Have you pushed it too far in to the pan? Do you use them daft blocks of crap in the cistern ?
If so a cob of it may be blocking the holes in the pan

buck51 said:
Were was the leak?, How did you reseal it?
The leak was between the pan and the silicone flush connector seal. I moulded some Plumber's Mait around the final fin of the flush connector, and then re-inserted it back into the pan. That did the trick as far as the leak was concerned.

buck51 said:
Have you pushed it too far in to the pan?
I've tried adjusting how far it gets pushed in, but that doesn't affect the flush. I suspect it's more to do with the angle from the horizontal.

buck51 said:
Do you use them daft blocks of rubbish in the cistern ?
No, nothing like that has been used.

Jeff.

Sponsored Links
there are 3 holes in the spigot to direct the water flow round the rim, remove the flush pipe and check nothing is blocking one of the holes (plumbers mait or a tiny bit of paper/rubbish that has been drawn down the syphon) then refit and reseal, you do not need a new flush pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back