city and guilds 6129 level 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i passed my level 1+2, 2 years ago and have just had a call from college sayin theres a place if i so wish for my level 3 ,the thing is its £1000 and as im not working full time in the trade just forieners would you recomend i do it ,you see im a skilled aircraft fitter on a good wage and i done the level 2 just as a back up if my job went tits up but im now thinking if i ever changed career id have more chance of a job in the trade or would they require evidence i.e nvq or is city and guilds enough the thing is doing the level 2 was a joke to be honest as i have installed numerous heating systems etc etc with my friend and consider myself very competent at most jobs so is the level 3 worth doing for the cash

Sponsored Links
And about 30 days off work spacethegas.

If you have a good job look after it, you can always take L3 if the need arises.

Sponsored Links
Evenings you would take 2 years, also on site work is needed for L3

sounds like the way to go. you can do the site work with your mate.

you will get nothing from a month intensive. how many of the 30 days would be taken up with site work ?

unfortunately it takes time.

my own apprenticeship was 3 years block release. essentially school times + working 'on site' during term breaks, & at least another 2 or 3 years until i was any good.

Its day release, one day per week for 30 weeks ish, on site assessment is part of the course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back