bosch dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have a bosch classix dishwasher which recently has not been emptying properly on all settings.When i have got into the socket at the back,i notice that the plug has been resting on the back of the dishwasher when it has been installed,and it has melted the plug and the back part of the dishwasher.(still switches on though).

Lastly i notice that tablets are being used now instead of salt and rinse aid.Would the latter affect the running of the dishwasher or are tablets now used to replace the salt and rinse aid ?The rinse aid and salt buttons constantly light up when i try a program.

Many thanks 4 any help given.

In relation to the last post i meant to say that i have cleaned the filter area and noticed no blockages. Cant get near pump though because it is under machine-it is still pumping water in ok though.

Sponsored Links
hi it sounds like a pump problem could be parcially blocked drain hose or bits of food in pump . is the pump louder than usuall ? take drain hose off and connect to a tap or mains water pressure let the water flush trought the wrong way it should clear any blockags but it may need to be done a few times to get rid of it all. if its a pip or glass its wont move and ull need to take off pump ..alan

it has melted the plug and the back part of the dishwasher
I very much hope that neither of then have really melted. If the plug is damaged you must take it off and fit a new one. if the flex is damaged you must cut away the damaged part and rejoin to fresh bright copper.

Bosch dishwashers have a curious black rubbery stuff on the back to deaden sound. it is quite soft and will stick to anything it presses against. I hope this is all that has happened to yours.

You will get better results if you use salt and rinse aid and not just a multipurpose tablet

Sponsored Links
many thanks for all your help re bosch classix problem.The machine is at least working now that i have reconnected to an extension lead and socket which is well above the back of the machine and doesnt affect the plug.The machine has also worked better since i have put salt and rinse aid in.
Any advise for this next problem though.If it is set on a quick rinse,all the water drains away.if set for a longer one-eco or normal especially,the water doesnt drain away.Is this a program error possibly caused by the previous problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back