Ariston MicroGenus MFFI 27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Combi is still refusing to work. The engineer has replaced the flue fan, expansion vessel & PCB but with no joy. When turned on, all the warning lights and temp lights come on except the yellow 50 light. Pressing the reset button results in a loud solinoid click inside the boiler, then after a couple of seconds all the lights come back on. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would say invest in a good quality boiler. I hope you aren't paying this obviously incompetent engineer you've had out?

I am starting to wonder about the engineer. The first visit is understandable, the second unusual :confused: , but the third down right worrying :eek: . In the past 16mths I've paid out an equal amount (different engineers) to a new boiler :oops: I'm seriously contiplating cutting my loses and getting a new combi. With realistically only £6/700 available (inc fitting) at the moment, I doubt there's many boilers I can choose from :cry: .

Richard

Sponsored Links
I did apply for a contract with BG the other day, but still waiting for the initial service visit. But i did that was before all these problems escilated.

I didn't know BG did a fixed price repair. I might consider that option if this engineer continues to faf about.

Thanks for the suggestion SDGM.

Richard

You will wait a while as BG wont to an initial inspection for a while as this is the busy time of year.

you would be better calling them up and asking them to come out, coming clean to the engineer and they may only charge for the parts??

is ther any fault codes coming up on the display e.g E99 orA99 and has anyone fiddled with any electrics in the house recently e.g the ring mains.

Hi Holty

Quite simply; No & No

There is no LCD display on the boiler, just the usual power lights & those I described in my original post.

I was hoping that the extinguished '50' light on the temp scale was giving the equivalant of an error code :?:

No-one has been anyway near the main house electrics. Not even a replaced plug fuse :LOL:

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back