Washing Pole Fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,
I have read other postings on this site regarding not fixing tall washing poles to fence posts. I am clear that it is normally best to concrete the pole into the ground. I have a specific challenge here, that I would appreciate your help with.

My back yard is concrete. There are very secure fence posts along the side of it (100mm x 100mm), set deep into the concrete. If I was to cut into the concrete to place the washing pole into the ground, it would be a major bit of "kango-ing".

I want to secure the washing pole, via brackets of some kind, to one of the fence posts. I cant find any iron mongery that would do this. The fence post is 100mm x 100mm, there is a 20mm gap behind it that would allow a bracket to go behind. The washing pole is aluminium and 44mm across.

Any ideas?

thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Buy a strip of Aluminium (b+q sell it), you can bend it round your pole, cut to size, drill holes in it, then drill holes in the fence posts & secure it, 3 brkts will do

Jim - or hire a core drill to make a hole in the concrete yard, then drop the pole into the hole. Loose so you can remove the pole between washes, or fill the hole with sand/cement mortar and drive the pole into it. Once the mortar hardens the post will be 'as tight as a fish's ar*e'.

no reason why a washing line cant be fixed to a fence post that has been secur;ey concreted in. What sort of washing pole is it? why cant you just fix a plated eye to teh post if its a washing line?

Sponsored Links
Folks,
Thanks for all your answers, all good to go. Where I live is very windy, down on the north coast of Cornwall, so I was looking for a steel bracket of some kind, rather than aluminium stapping, but I will check it out in B&Q.
If that fails I will go for the core drill approach.
I need to go up above the fence pole because I want to get the washing up above the fence so it catches the wind.
Best wishes
Jim

Jim - you wrote:

"... north coast of Cornwall" & " ... I want to get the washing up above the fence so it catches the wind."

Hazard to shipping perhaps! :LOL:

Jim - you wrote:

"... north coast of Cornwall" & " ... I want to get the washing up above the fence so it catches the wind."

Hazard to shipping perhaps! :LOL:

The captain steps out onto the deck to admire the Cornish coastline, and gets hit in the face by a pair of pants :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back