Triton ultra - Wattage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a 9.5 watt shower (aquatronic+4), the current shower is a [triton ultra [/u][/u]which was in the house upon purchase, i have no paperwork so do not know thw current wattage of the shower??

Also do you need 10mm wiring for a 9.5 watt shower??

Many thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
9.5 watt would be one weak-ass shower!

I think you mean 9.5 KILOwatt (thats 9500 watts)

The cable selection depends on the route of the cable, and the length to the fuse box / consumer unit.

Is there a label on the old shower that shows the wattage? Often on the bottom of the outer case on Tritons. Most showers are made in several wattages, so its impossible for us to tell you.

Anyway, the old shower doesn't concern you now, you must ensure the existing circuit is suitable. You do this by examining the cable's route (does it run through insulation?), inspecting joints (pullswitch, consumer unit), checking the protective devices (is there an RCD, and whats the rating of the MCB?)

You may not nessecarily need 10mm² cable, but I would advise the use of it anyway.

Thanks steve,

9500 watts, doh!

The shower is not connected to the general main fuse box supply, having a seperete fuse box, and isolator box on bathroom ceiling with switch?
Also having problems removing the old unit, think the cover snaps off ?? Any ideas??

Thanks Again!

Sponsored Links
What is the rating of this individual unit feeding the shower?

It will say somewhere near the main switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back