Binding problem with HC60NG relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I have a power cut, quite frequent in this rural area, the binding between my CM67NG and the HC60NG relay fails and I have to rebind the units to get the system working again. Is there any way in which I can make the binding permanent in the event of these power failures? I can find nothing in the Honeywell literature about this problem.

Sponsored Links
I cannot see any that you can do anything about it short of having a UPS or standby generator.

Tony

Something is not right. Loss of power shouldn't mean re-binding is necessary.
eg. The CM-Zone installer pack comes pre- bound in the box without power to any of the components.
My system... 1 x CM67z , 1 x CM927, 8 x HR80's and 1 x HC60NG all pick up where they left off after a power interruption, despite all the factory configurations having been changed when I installed it.

Sponsored Links
why are you rebinding them?

You will normally find that if you put the stat to 5degrees for 1 min then up to 25 degrees for a min then it will work fine.

these items require a signal to be sent and received to apply the action.

What normally happens is that when the power cut occurs the thermostat has sent a signal to be on. when the power returns the control relay will have turned off but the stat thinks the relay is on. it is not until the stat has sent an off signal and an on signal that they will be communicating properly.

Hope this poor explaination gives the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back