cooker hood wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone help me i need to no about wiring a cooker hood up , what i need to no is how do i no what socket is ok to wirer up to coz i hve read about it and not to sur if its a spur or what socket is safe to wire it up to

Sponsored Links
how do i run the spur from an existing socket, can u tell me how to find out if the socket is suitable to supply a spur.

Sponsored Links
Kitchens and bathrooms are special locations and work done in them is notifiable to your local building control office. It will need to be inspected and signed off by someone competent to do so.

I'm assuming that you are a DIY-er on their first post trying to get the info as to how to wire it up. I'm sure that this forum can give you the information, but you need to ask the question so that we can understand what you are trying to do before we can advise.

The circuit you run the socket from will need to be RCD protected. Also, you can't run a spur off of another spur unless it's fused down. You can take the supply off of the kitchen ring, but put in a switched fused isolator.

To be honest, my advice would be to call in someone who is competent in doing the work and can sign it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back