removing dried expanding foam filler from hands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The subject says it all - a friend has rung tonight (really - this isnt me!!!) saying that he was using that horrible expanding foam stuff to fill a whole alongside a new plasterboard dividing wall and he 'picked a bit up off the floor with my hands thinking it was dry'

It is now apparently long since set - any magic ideas for removal. Water, white spirit, petrol and nail varnish remover have all failed. is this a 'wait and it will come off one day' job or is there something magic?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I used nail varnish on my hands last Sunday. I had to use talc to stop my fingers adhereing to themselves and everything else. I ended up with what appeared to be a latex glove very firmly bonded to my hands. Friday night, back from the pub, it's just about wearing off. This stuff sticks.

i gave up, never touch it, just wait for it to turn black and wear off :cry:

Sponsored Links
you can buy the proper thinners for it that the pro's use to clean their foam guns out. ;)

Kes, did the nail varnish spill while you were doing your nails? lol

Well I'll be da**ed. Someone has pinched the word 'remover' whch should have followed 'nail varnish' from my previous post. You just can't trust anyone these days.

My nails are the reason why gloves were invented.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back