trianco eurostar relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there! I am new here so be gentle!

I have just ripped out my old oil combi and replaced it with a eurostar which I bought off ebay (bit risky I know!) they said there was a problem with the heating. when I turned it on it worked fine, doing everything it should. But I later noticed the rads cooling and on inspecting the boiler the heating wouldn't come on whatever I did. I used the fault finding in the book and it pointed to the relay, which I took off and wiped terminals etc. it then worked ok. could it be an intermittant fault on the relay? is this relay bypassed in some way on initial start up? because if I turn off and on it seems fine.
sorry for the long winded post, hope I make sense, Ben.

Sponsored Links
Which model Eurostar is it?

I don't remember any relays in my 70/90 boilerhouse model (1995ish, non system boiler).

:idea: I wonder why it was only 4 years old and yet being sold on ebay. Hmmmmm...perhaps a little thing time is needed.

Sponsored Links
I had a relay on a tumble dryer, that worked perfect when cold, but tripped a minute or two later after it had warmed up and would not function again until it had cooled off.

alarm bells were ringing when I collected it. I imagined it was being sold due to a change to gas, but they had replaced it with a worcester. when questioned the guy said he Knew nothing about boilers but he had stripped down tractors in his garage so was mechanically minded. Anyway at the moment I'm sat in the warm so its all good! the fact that the hot water is fine tells me it's something simple, I thought the motorized valve but thats ok. When the heating does go off, the flow diagram in the book says it's the relay so will change that first.

i presume you do not have a programmer or roomstat. Maybe its worth checking the dhw flow switch is not sticking on.

there is a programmer on the boiler that is being used. The problem only happens now and again (twice in a couple of weeks) when the heating has stopped working the hot water is fine, I can hear the boiler starting and stopping when the hot tap is opened/closed so I'm thinking the flow switch is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back