heat line vizo HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
anyone out there help me please, i have a heat line vizo that has been in for about 18 months and it has started shutting down as soon as i turn the hot water tap on, it all works fine up to that point but as soon as i turn the tap it turns the flame off and starts to cool down,

any help would be appreciated as you are all aware it is hell without hot water

cheers to you all and happy xmas

steve

Sponsored Links
Probably the HW thermistor. Problem is that you have to remove the side of the combustion chamber to get at it This makes it a corgi job.

If you turn the control knob to hot water only and then turn the hot tap on, does the boiler try to fire up?

Slugbabydotcom, it is possible to remove the dhw thermistor without removing the chamber cover, using a 13mm spanner (ratchet type works great). If it were the sensor than the light on the facia flashes on this model, and surprisingly I've been to a faulty dhw sensor and the boiler still fired up for hot water demand (didn't get very hot mind you).

Sponsored Links
yes i thought of that but the problem is that the heating system works fine and i thought that if it was the chamber stat it would effect the heating as well, sorry to sound negative but just need to try and get it working again,

also does anyone know where i can get a manual or fault finding sheet from,

cheers again

steve

zk

cheers for that and if it is in hot water only then yes it does fire up and i have noticed that the temp lights go up to four lights and then it shuts down, cools a little then flashes up again then shuts down ect ect i think you get my drift lol.

any advice on what i can do would be greatly appreciated, i have been told there is a temp sensor somewhere so any pointers there as well please. not sure if i can short it out to give me temp hot water

cheers

steve

also does anyone know where i can get a manual or fault finding sheet from,

As if the world was as easy as that!

Get a "fault finding sheet" and you are set up as a boiler expert!

Tony

It does sound as the plate heat exchanger is blocked. If the heating is not getting hot, than I'd be inclined to check the fillter in the return isolator on the central heating pipework. (hope it is fitted on the return and not the flow)

Sorry didn't notice that the heating was working ok :oops: Still it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the filter when draining down the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back