Protherm E80 F1 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler keeps giving me a F1 code. We have replaced the overheat stat and the thermister this worked for a while. However, the problem is happening again. when we change the temperature on the boiler ie from 45 degrees F to 55F or 55 to 65, works for a while without us having to reset it and then after a few days the same problem occurs. Could it be the memory board as suggested by the engineer that was called out.

Sponsored Links
If F1 is only an overheat code then one would expect that its overheating.

That would need a CORGI to check all the gas parameters.

A thermal survey will identify any blockages or lack of flow.

If the F1 also includes burner lockout then again you need a CORGI to determine the cause.

I suppose the boiler has never been serviced since it was installed?

Tony

Thanks Tony, we've done all that, still having problem.

If F1 is only an overheat code then one would expect that its overheating.

That would need a CORGI to check all the gas parameters.

A thermal survey will identify any blockages or lack of flow.

If the F1 also includes burner lockout then again you need a CORGI to determine the cause.

I suppose the boiler has never been serviced since it was installed?

Tony

If you had really done all that then you would have identified the fault!

You would also be CORGI registered !

Tony

Sponsored Links

Tony

We had an engineer in to look at it he suggested that it could be the electronic board as he was unsure and all thermal parts had already been replaced previously.

Why do you keep saying the same reply. I am not stupid and cause we had a registered engineer. We are concerned about replacing the boiler when it might not be necessary. The engineer advised us not to spend any money repairing the boiler,but as the boiler is only 6 years old we thouight it might be worth spending our money reparing it rather than replacing it. I was seeking advice not a lecture.

Tony

We had an engineer in to look at it he suggested that it could be the electronic board as he was unsure and all thermal parts had already been replaced previously.

Well that says it all.

He is unsure of what the problem actually is!

I would suggest that you get a proper boiler engineer who has some diagnostic skills!

As you clearly dont want my advice, I will leave you at the mercy of your nupty engineer who wants to fit an expensive new boiler because he cannot diagnose the simple fault on yours!

Any competent engineer is able to diagnose faults and repair boilers. Thats what we do! Yours clearly cannot!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back