re,roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Some advice please, i am going to reroof, has anyone used MonoPerm 500 breathable felt,this was reccomended has anyone encountered problems!
Secondley, insulation if i use KingSpan 100mm over the rafters i then counter batten then felt and batten also useing eves trays do the eves trays go under the insulation or on top and then the felt , or is it better to use foil insulation, if so can anyone reccomend one.
Finnaly, with insulation and the battoning do i have to raise the size of the facia board to accomodate the eves trays ie it sits on top of the facia?,does any one know of a good roofing supplier in cornwall.
Bill

Sponsored Links
eaves trays deal with the water run-off problems created by the fascia - eaves angle and also counter the problems of weathering and u.v. degradation. so it sits or is fixed directly beneath the roofing felt/membrane.

the fascia board covers everything from the soffit board up to the underside of the tiles and everything in between. ;)

Hi Noseall
Thanks for the reply i am still unsure about the eves trays, as in do they sit on top of the facia
thanks Bill

Sponsored Links
Thanks Noseall
Dont want to be a pain, but is Kingspan Or Foil the better insulation as i would need to replace the facia with king span.
Bill

the jury is still out on the foil stuff - some use it some don't. i'm not even sure whether it is B.B.A. licensed yet either.

i would always plump for kingspan/celotex.

why 'warm deck' anyhow?

Hi noseall
Thanks for that, sorry for delay in replying have been away,
what do you mean by warmdeck!

warm deck means the insulation is fitted above the rafters, effectively doing away with a cold side, hence no venting necessary.

otherwise you can fit the insulation between and under the rafters. this means having to leave an air gap on the cold side for ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back