electrics

Sponsored Links
Surely the size of the fuse depends of the wattage of the hood ? The hood that I'm just about to fit comes complete with a standard 13 amp cable/plug which I want to strip and connect to the cable (via a flex connector (3/5/15 amp ?) extending from a FCU (should I not use a 13 amp fuse in the FCU and a 15 amp flex connector then ?). I may be completely wrong so please advise

Apologies if i've misread this but all standard plugs are 13 amp but the fuse inside might not be. Cooker Hoods generally require a 3 amp fuse whether it be inside the plug or the FCU. The fuse is there to protect the appliance from an excess flow of electricity (measured in amps) rather than the amount of electricity required for it to work (wattage). Installing a 13 amp fuse for a Cooker Hood requiring a 3 amp would not be a good idea. The operating manual will tell you the correct fuse rating .Hope this helps,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back