are all concrete posts born equal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking round I see the price of concrete posts vary from £8.00 to £22.00 for the same size.

Is there a british standard for these things or can someone explain where the difference lies

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Why not paint them brown? They'll look exactly like wooden posts. Not at all like concrete painted brown ;)

made by different companies and sold by different merchants. Not a great deal between them. they have their place but personally i think they are ugly even if some old lunatic codger on day release from broadmoor tells you to paint them brown :LOL:

Sponsored Links
made by different companies and sold by different merchants. Not a great deal between them. they have their place but personally i think they are ugly even if some old lunatic codger on day release from broadmoor tells you to paint them brown :LOL:

Thanks Thermo for the educated reply. Much appreciated.

they are a thing of beauty when painted with "bitter chocolate colour" masonry paint to blend with the woodwork.

Ignore Thermo, he makes a handsome living out of replacing rotted-off timber posts.

View media item 975

see i told you it would be his day out soon. fresh from the occupational therapy workshops where he paints concrete gnomes........"Paint them.....Paint them all! :LOL:

You two, come on admit a truce, you're never gonna agree. Personally I mix wood shavings into my concrete when making my bespoke fence posts. I also vote Lib Dem.

i install timber posts, i install concrete posts. I rip out old timber ones, i rip out old concrete ones. It doesnt matter to me what people have its their garden, but i sure as hell wouldnt have them in my garden and no amount of blurry pictures are ever going to convince me john is right! ;)

TN_fisherman.gif

what about sawdust and resin pretend wood?
I know they make decking boards out of it but do they make fence posts yet?

ok, i will solve the problem

have concrete posts paint them red and the fence blue. I did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back